SEQUOYAH MEMORIAL MEDICAL IMAGING
Visit the Radiology department at Sequoyah Memorial, and one will see that the hospital offers a wide array of medical imaging services for our patients. Our services include:
- Bone Density
- CAT Scan
- Doppler Ultrasound
- MRI services
For information about specific procedures click here (.pdf).
But our scope of Radiology services doesn’t stop there. Here are a few
of the changes and additions to our medical imaging department:
- A Radiologist drives to Sallisaw to review your films
- All modalities are completely film-less; each image and exam are sent electronically to be read by our Radiologist.
- A final typed report was either picked up by or mailed to your doctor
- Our doctors have access from their office to review the preliminary report
as soon as it becomes available.
- We mailed your films to a Specialist in other towns, states, or countries.
- Any Specialist, through a privacy-protected internet address, is able to
review your images. In the near future, they will also be able to view
Computed Radiography: Images appear in seconds and the images can be adjusted which reduces repeated exams.
- You wait while the X-Ray Tech flashes and runs each film and checks to
make sure they are acceptable.
- The films are run through a machine, digitized, and usually can be adjusted
for image quality without a repeat.